22 October 2007

I love you, Tibbie.


Tibbie
1991-2007

This past Saturday, my very, very, very beloved dog (youngest sister, really), Tibbie, had to be put down. I was lucky enough to have had a last week with her back home in California and was able to say a tear-covered and love-filled goodbye to her before I returned to Japan.

Tibbie was truly the best there is and I can't imagine feeling the same bond with any other being. She played a part in my becoming a vegetarian, cuddled with me during sad and happy times, was the cutest, floppy-eared, full-size Chihuahua puppy anywhere, was always happy when anyone came home, had soft paws and the most kissable forehead, flirted with the bottled water delivery guy, loved people, tolerated cats, hated dogs, loved smelly feet, got jealous when my mom and dad kissed, was a picky eater, gave good kissies, and was the greatest and most loving addition to our family. I will cry for her and miss her for a very long time.

5 comments:

Maggie & Ryan Patel said...

Miki -

I am so sorry about Tibbie. She sounded like the perfect pet and loyal friend. I know you will keep her in your heart and memories forever.

Unknown said...

My hear goes out to you, Miki. I'll remember your Tibbie stories and references and how much you loved her. I am here for you...

Miki said...

thank you so much for your kind comments, maggie, risa, and ashley. they all really touched me.

Amber said...

Sorry to hear about your dog. I'm sure that she's happy, where ever she is.

Anonymous said...

Oh my god, Miki, I'm so sorry!! It's been a while since I saw your blog and I'm just now getting around to seeing it. I just loved what you wrote about Tibbie. It made me choke up. She really was an amazing dog and she had a great life. She had an even better big sister!! My love goes out to Tibs! A moment of silence...