16 September 2008

Not American? Have an opinion on who the next US prez should be? Vote here!!

Check out the cool website I just found: www.voteforpresident.org

Citizens of the world (other than Americans) can cast their vote for who they think the next US president should be. As I knew from my own very scientific and official anecdotal study of non-American voting results, Barack Obama would win by a landslide if the rest of the world had a say.

Non-Americans don't get a vote, though the choice affects everyone on Earth. I'm okay with that - they don't have to pay the same taxes (or listen to the same complaining about America and Americans) that I have to either.

But, I do still think it's interesting to see what the rest of the world thinks. I also think it's a responsibility for every American, when casting his/her vote, to take into account the rest of the world when s/he makes his/her choice for President of the USA. I know that Barack Obama is the better choice for America and the world. It seems 30,000 world citizens so far agree with me. Now, what's going on with the 50% of voting America that hasn't clued in yet???



p.s. DAJ and the Obama campaign in North Asia are putting on their big, live music fundraiser this coming Thursday in Tokyo. Barack the Vote will be AWESOME!! Will you be there?

RSVP to barackjapan@gmail.com if you're interested in advance sales tickets (3500 yen adv, 4000 yen at the door). Here's a link to the meetup event posting.

No comments: