These are the answers to questions that no one has really asked me, but, in anticipation of my wild blogging success, I have created this page as an on-going Q & A session. So please feel free to submit questions via the comments section or email me and I'll do my best to answer them. The questions don't have to be limited to things about me. I'm also a self-proclaimed expert on many other things due to my insistence that I know everything, therefore I am. So, ask away.
INQUIRING MINDS WANT TO KNOW...
Q: Why did you move to Japan?
A: My absolute, number 1 objective in moving here in September 2006 has been to learn Japanese and get it to a conversational level on par with my French abilities. I am slowly but surely moving closer to this goal with my Monday through Friday Japanese classes (3 days a week - grammar and conversation, 2 days a week - kanji writing). Everyday I recognize more vocabulary and grammar and hopefully I'll get there sooner rather than later.
Q: How long are you planning to stay in Japan?
A: I'm not sure. I've guesstimated about 2 years and will definitely be here for all of 2007, but beyond that I can't really say anything for sure.
Q: What do you plan to do with your life and these language skills you keep moving around the world to attain?
A: Let's just say my usual response when asked what I plan to do with my life and these language skills I keep moving around the world to attain is, "Um, I'll let you know as soon as I know! [Insert nervous laugh.]" So, yeah, I'll let you know as soon as I know! Ha ha ha!
Q: Wow, really, you're half-Japanese?!
A: Yeah, I really am. My father is Japanese and my mother is white - the kind that doesn't really tan and has naturally blond hair. Apparently, when you mix white and Japanese, you get some variation of Mexican or Filipino or Italian or Moroccan or Hawaiian or Native American or ... stop me anytime... Spanish or Persian or Turkish, etc. Yes, these are all the things I've been mistaken for. Oh, gotta go, the CIA is calling - they need a new spy!
Q: How do I continue to enlarge my brain with your and others' wise words?
A: Just click here. By the way, when I say "Doesn't your brain just feel larger now?", I mean it as in, "These words will in no way expand your brain capacity or functioning speed."
Q: Sometimes I'm not sure if you're being serious or sarcastic? Which is it?
A: 9 times out of 10, I'm probably being sarcastic. No joke.
3 comments:
Do you actually buy into your own bullshit? :) Love you, oh brilliant one!
I think the real question here is, do you?
Post a Comment