11 August 2006

Pearls of Wisdom

"Life shouldn't be formed on default."
-Me (to myself). June 10, 2007

"Are you serious? Is it blonde o'clock in the morning right now?"
- Me (to Blondashley). I'm hilaaaaaarious!! May 23, 2007

"I've always felt friends should encourage friends to have their heads examined."
- Alan Shore (a.k.a. James Spader), Boston Legal, Season 2, Episode 208.

"Circa is Latin for -ish."
- Miki Noguchi, January 4, 2007, spacious cubicle in random Hollywood movie studio, Los Angeles, California, America, World.

"I live in the future."
- Miki Noguchi, sometime in late November/early December, 2006, spacious (by Japan standards) studio apartment, Shimomaruko, Ota-ku, Tokyo, Japan, World.

"... if either one of us is unfit for society...yeah, it's probably me."
- A.E.U., January 11, 2007 (PST), aforementioned cubicle, etc, etc, World.

"I am the Pearlmaker."
- Miki Noguchi, right now, aforementioned studio apartment, etc, etc, World.

"I am the Gatekeeper."
- Sigourney Weaver, sometime in the mid-1980s, New York city soundstage probably actually in L.A., Ghostbusters.

"[To dry laundry] I hang clothes around my room and then turn the heat on. I figure I might as well as I'd have the heat on anyway... so I multitask the heat."
- Miki Noguchi, DC-area university graduate in the inside-the-Beltway-enforced rule that multitasking must become an ingrained and un-unlearnable trait, January 18, 2007, aforementioned studio apartment, etc, etc, World.

Doesn't your brain just feel bigger now?

7 comments:

Ashley Ulrich said...

Good Lord, woman. "Circa" is NOT Latin for "-ish". You're a royal pain in the rectum, you know that?

And you seem to be forgetting about the "token Norwegian".

GOD. Do I have to do EVERYTHING for you?? :)

Ashley Ulrich said...

BTW - I still win. Said during your yesterday.

Miki said...

Thank you for finally recognizing my celestial status.

And I didn't include Torken because he takes way to much background info. And Torken isn't about wisdom. He's not a stand alone quote. And, besides, he's not "the token Norwegian" anymore! I think my job as keeper of your memory is limited to the years 1986 through June 1998. After that time, I feel you were sufficiently removed from memory-suppression territory. Last week is WAAAAAAY after these dates, in case your amazing calendar powers are also out of whack.

Ashley Ulrich said...

Okay, miss. You've got it all wrong. I wasn't referring to YOU as the Almighty. Sheesh. What an ego you have.

You might want to do a grammar check before you post such blaspheme. You used the incorrect for of "to". You actually should have used "too". But that's neither here nor there.

How many times do I have to remind you, woman? I didn't KNOW you in 1986! I didn't even move here until August of '87. You big dork. Therefore, you cannot be responsible for any memories I have or don't have for that entire year and almost the entire next year.

I concur that "token Norwegian" is not really a "pearl of wisdom". You win that one. What was the diarrhea quote, though? Why did you not include that one? I'll have to look it up at home.

Anywho. I still win.

Ashley Ulrich said...

Bitch. Goddamn right it's blonde o'clock in the f'ing morning. Gimme a break, woman! It's tough being this blonde. ;)

Miki said...

Especially when you have to pay for touch-ups every six weeks!

Ashley Ulrich said...

It's only half fake. The other half is natural.

And I maintain that it's hard being blonde.