28 May 2007

She WANTS to work hard for the money

Okay, everyone...

I'm looking for a new job! The English-teaching thing just isn't cutting it financially or intellectually, so I'm on the hunt for something that pays better but, more importantly, is intellectually stimulating - at least some of the time. If you've got any leads or connections in Tokyo that you think might be useful, I'd really appreciate if you passed them on to me. I'm putting Japanese-learning on hold (or going to part-time) for a bit as I need a change.

So, here's what I'm looking for:

- something interesting (read: makes me think; is a challenge)
- something with travel would be great, though I'll still want to be based in Tokyo
- something working with people (teaching English one-on-one a couple times a week can be pretty tedious - I can only listen to myself talk for so long!)
- I'm open to almost any field, even if I've never worked in it before - again, the idea of something new and challenging is very appealing
- I have a pretty varied background from working at a magazine to a human rights organization to an international development organization to a coffee house! (I make a mean pot of foam.)
- I'd love to be able to use French (fluent) at work and my Japanese is, um, well, basic.

So, I know that doesn't really narrow it down too much, but I'm still figuring this all out. However, in the meantime, like I said, if you have any leads or connections, or know someone who does, to some work in Tokyo, I would REALLY appreciate if you could help me out. In return, you know you've always got a floor/air mattress to crash on any time you're in Tokyo (as long as you're not a psycho-killer who I don't know)! Plus, if ever the day comes when I can return the favor, I'll do my best to help you out.

Thanks for taking the time to read this! I hope that wherever you are in the world when you see this, that all is happy and well with you.

ありがとう ございます!
Merci beaucoup!
Thanks a bunch!
Muchas gracias!
Danke schun!
Grazie mille!
Anks-thay a unch-bay!

p.s. Check out my blogspot version resume by clicking here. For the nicely layed out version, send an email to: herewegoTYO@hotmail.com. Thanks!

No comments: