ADDENDUM 08/30/2007:
My famous (in my own head) "Evil Vegetarian/Blood Sausage" story goes like this:
I am an evil vegetarian. This means that even though I'm unwilling to put something in my mouth that looks like scabs, I am not against convincing my meat-eating friends to do so.
Flashback to December 2001, picture it, Kilkenny, Ireland. My roommate and I were on a weekend trip to Dublin from Paris and had booked in at a small bed and breakfast. When I made the reservations, I told them I'm a vegetarian, so when breakfast showed up after our first night, I got a lovely plate of scrambled eggs, beans, toast, and tomato slices. My roommate got a lovely plate of scrambled eggs, beans, toast, and... hmm, some sort of sausage (wink, wink). My roommate being somewhat less worldly than I in terms of different kinds of cuisine, eyed the sausage suspiciously and wondered if she should eat it. I knew right away what it was, thanks to the fact that my dear friend Maggie is a major lover of the Spanish version of blood sausage (morcilla) and would eat it every chance she got at restaurants. Also, who doesn't learn about boudin noir in their French class??
Anyway, I think what I said went something like, "Oh, go on. I'm sure it's a local specialty sausage. You should really eat it. It might hurt the owner's feelings if you don't. At least take a little bite to show you made an effort!" Ah, guilt, my friend always. Hehehehe...
The guilt-trip was very effective on my roommate and she took a little bit of the sausage on her fork. Just as the fork was about to go into her mouth with the piece of blood sausage on it, I started to laugh and had to stop her. I couldn't go all the way through with it... that would have been just a little too evil. I explained what it really was, my roommate through the fork down, got mad at me for almost making her eat BLOOD SAUSAGE, barely ate anything else on her plate, and sulked the rest of the meal.
Geez, can't anyone take a joke?? It's not like I actually let her eat it... [insert evil laugh!]
4 comments:
okay miki
I admit I LOVE morcilla - but do not write it is like eating "scabs". That description honestly makes me want to PUKE.
see you in a month!
maggie morcilla!! que tal?! actually i'm not the one to describe it as scabs, it was from a book called "me and mr. darcy." so, there. :p
okay, but you had to appreciate the near evilness of my behavior - it's so "throwing rocks at the non-virgin"-esque, wouldn't you say???
si si throw rocks! I love evilness. It also reminds me of Katy.
:)
oh my god- the three evils will be together in the evilest city in america - AC - for a whole saturday night. what kind of havoc will we wreak on the unsuspecting slot machine players (those will be my targets)? [insert eviler laugh.]
Post a Comment