17 September 2007

Ch-ch-chaaaaaaange

I need a change. Here's what my small talk has looked like lately:

Scenario #1

Random Person I've Just Met: So, what do you do?/So, what are you doing here in Tokyo?

Me: [nervous laughter] Haha... A whole bunch of nothin'.

Scenario #2

Person I Know But Haven't Seen in a While: So, how've you been lately?/So, what've you been up to lately?

Me: Oh... [sigh]... I've been really busy for no good reason... haha [nervous laughter].

********************************

The full-time job hunt continues but without many positive results. Yeah, I keep getting job offers, but not for things that sound interesting to me or that make me want to jump out of bed in the morning in time to be at the office by 9am (after an hour commute on a packed train with a stranger's briefcase - I hope it's a briefcase! - poking into my back). I applied for a job over the weekend at a place that sounds really interesting and different for me. So, we'll see... keep your fingers crossed!

3 comments:

Maggie & Ryan Patel said...

KEEPING MY FINGERS CROSSED :)

Miki said...

thanks!

Miki said...

ashley says:

ouch. sounds fun??