Update as promised:
Just got this email from the American Embassy:
"Weather sources report that Typhoon Fitow (also known as Typhoon 10w) will make landfall in the Tokyo area around 7:00 p.m. Thursday. Winds up of 58 miles per hour with gusts up to 81 miles per hour are expected, along with heavy rains. Coastal areas may be dangerous due to heavy waves and flooding. There may also be delays in the mass transportation systems."
So I called my boss to find out if we're still gonna be open tonight considering the bar is in a business not residential area and so most people will be going home early tonight. He said I didn't have to come in since the bar will probably be pretty empty and he already has another person coming in. So, yay! No need to worry about getting stranded on the subway and missing my last train home.
I'll still be working tonight - just got two new papers to work on - but at least, in my 2nd story apartment, there's little chance of flooding... I hope! ;)
In honor of the typhoon, I bring you this little ditty from Les Miserables, called "A Little Fall of Rain."
2 comments:
Did the typhoon hit yet?
Take care of yourself Miki!
lucky you got time off! my company said "we never close. but you can be late." and how did you get on the american embassy's mailing list?!
Post a Comment