13 January 2008

I was tagged for a "Meme."

It’s a “7 Random Things About Me” kind of Meme.

Here are the rules: Link to the person who tagged you and post the rules on your blog. Share seven random and/or weird things about yourself. Tag seven people at the end of your post and include links to their blogs. Let each person know they have been tagged by leaving a comment on their blog.

Et voila:

  1. My favorite food in the whole world is eggplant. In the whole "if you could only have one food for the rest of your life" game, the answer is eggplant. In my previous life as a meat-eater (I loved bbq and my mom's chicken), I would still have chosen eggplant. If you ever invite me to your house for dinner, you can never go wrong in serving me eggplant.
  2. I wish I could be more of a fashionista. I watch "Project Runway" like I know what they're talking about, read/browse through fashion mags so I can recognize some designer's styles, and have resigned myself to my materialistic SoCal background that forces me to judge (in my head, in the cattiest ways) the clothes, hair, and makeup choices of most people who cross my path, even though I am Public Enemy Number One on my own "Worst-Dressed" list. Yes, I see the hypocrisy, shallowness, and stupidity of this, but I am a product of my environment and I can't help it. At least I've trained myself to keep these thoughts to myself. In SoCal, as a general rule, these thoughts are allowed to be expressed out loud without guilt. Also, as far as learning the ropes of the fashionista world, I totally suck at that too. I really do read Marie Claire for the articles and the fashion spreads usually annoy me. Plus, hello, like everyone who knows me knows I wear practically head-to-toe Target and Payless with some Nordstrom thrown in here and there for good measure.
  3. Happy Birthday Carebear sleeps in my bed most nights. I have had Carebear for 25 years. I don't snuggle with him unless I'm really sad and/or crying, so mostly he just stays in the corner of the bed. Carebear has traveled internationally without me after I left him in a Paris hotel room when I was 14 and he was mailed back home.
  4. I am a serious night owl (as this 7 am post should attest). I actually am pretty productive at night and whenever I don't have anything to regularly get up for in the mornings, my schedule almost always naturally flips itself with me working most of the night and sleeping into the afternoon. I usually sleep 7 or 8 hours. I often clean my apartment in the middle of the night.
  5. I get B.O. very rarely and only need to put deodorant on every 3 to 5 days. I actually can't remember the last time I put it on, though I know it was in the last week, and the quick armpit sniff check I just did tells me that the deodorant I put on whenever I did is still working. Because of this fortunate condition, I can be pretty sensitive to other people's smells, which accounts for my vivid smell memories in various cities of the world (you can guess which one won the prize for smelliest).
  6. 4% alcohol cider gets me pretty tipsy after one pint and I can't finish two. However, hard liquor will only get me slightly tipsy and usually requires more shots/drinks than you'd think to get me drunk. For example, the other night I had a whiskey sour followed by a godfather (two shots bourbon, one shot amaretto) and walked out of the bar way more sober than I'd be after a pint of Strongbow. Also, I've never been falling down, black out drunk. I can remember most parts/sequence of events/verbatim conversation after a night of drinking. I've only been really, truly hungover twice in my life - once in May 1999 after the last night in the dorms and the second time in May 2007. Because I'd hardly experienced this phenomenon, last May I actually didn't realize I was simply hungover at the time and really thought something was wrong with me.
  7. I have been snowboarding since the 8th grade, approximately 13 or 14 years old. (I can't calculate what age I was at that time - that's another random fact about me. Only Ashley knows how old I was for everything as my "Life Chronology" is all off when I calculate it.) I have my own snowboard, boots, etc. My board is the same one I got in the 8th or 9th grade and has a fiberglass patch on it from where I cracked the core and bent the frame when I landed the biggest (and last) jump I ever did. Now, I just like to ride straight down, on mogul-less runs, as fast as I can (which still probably isn't very fast).
  8. Bonus fact: I probably won't tag anyone for this because I just never get around to that kind of stuff. So, if you wanna play, feel free to take it from here. :)

5 comments:

Unknown said...

Miki: Was the time you were drunk in May 2007 with me?

Anonymous said...

Your Carebear alone in Paris story made my heart stop. Christ, if that happened to me... (except I don't have a Carebear.)

Miki said...

Eddie, nope. You were here in Mar/Apr last year, not May. That May incident was the night before I left CA to come back to Japan after a couple weeks back home. Needless to say, I'm now very careful when I go out drinking with that group. ;)

Jen- it was a total "Home Alone" moment when I realized that Carebear was still at the hotel.

Unknown said...

hey tag me, tag me....
\I wanna play!

Unknown said...

thanks for the tag, my random things post is up now on the fancy glass