Today, I had the lucky chance to spend a little bit over an hour at San Clemente's Department of Motor Vehicles (DMV) waiting to renew my driver's license. I took the opportunity to brush up on any new laws that might have come up since the last time I took the test (more than a decade ago), just in case I had to retake the written exam. But, the booklet of driving laws also offered up some great everyday reminders:
- Do not make a U-turn on a one-way street.
- Do not make a U-turn when there is a sign that says "No U-Turns."
- Do not shoot firearms on a highway or at traffic signs. (But, of course, presumably this means that shooting a firearm on surface streets or not at traffic signs must be okay.)
- Do not honk your horn unless it is a safety warning. (My mom pointed out that this means that when you "Honk for Jesus," you're actually committing a crime.)
2 comments:
Ryan and I had to take the test for Ohio - they make all new 'residents' take it (I think it's unfair that I passed almost 14 years ago). Anyway, we both missed how many people are required to wear seatbelts - apparently only 2 in the front seat - not ALL. We should have gotten it right b/c we were just being extra safe.
lolll at the u-turn and firearms!
Happy new year Miki!
Love,
SS
Post a Comment