30 January 2009

I love it when smart people are in charge of America

Obama is off to a GREAT start. The latest juicy bit of awesome to come out of the Oval Office (isn't it good when that means something that we don't need to be embarrassed of!) is the White House DIRECTLY calling out the greedy Wall Street a**holes who gave themselves a pat on the back (I'm sure it was one of the football, ass pats) and nice fat bonus checks this past December. Oh, what's that? The economy's tanking? Not if you're a fat cat jerk who spent over $30,000 on a new private bathroom while your company is imploding! I mean, don't these companies have marketing departments? Did they fire them to pay for the potty remodel? Does it really take a genius image consultant to tell you not to do something dumb (with a B) to do that?

Here's a highlight from the post (entitled "Shameful," nice!) on the White House blog (yes, there's a White House blog... how cool is that?!):

One point I want to make is that all of us are going to have responsibilities to get this economy moving again. And when I saw an article today indicating that Wall Street bankers had given themselves $20 billion worth of bonuses -- the same amount of bonuses as they gave themselves in 2004 -- at a time when most of these institutions were teetering on collapse and they are asking for taxpayers to help sustain them, and when taxpayers find themselves in the difficult position that if they don't provide help that the entire system could come down on top of our heads -- that is the height of irresponsibility. It is shameful.

Read the rest of the post here.

No comments: