The collection of articles, rants, commentaries, etc., that would be birthed if I were completely unfettered by my fear of overloading people's FB feeds seems like it would be my own personal HuffPo/Jezebel/Google Reader. When I post articles (about half the time with some little comment), I usually do so for my own use--like I said, to read later. So, I'm always sort of surprised when I get a discussion going on FB prompted by other people seeing the article posting, finding it likewise interesting and chinwag-worthy, and dropping in their own comments/thoughts/rants on the topic. It's so rare that these kinds of discussions take place in real life, it seems, that sometimes it's like I have a more diverse menu of conversations in FB world than in the Real World (Truuuue storeeey! Okay, if you didn't watch MTV's the Real World religiously in the mid-90s, as I did, then you won't get that reference. Sorry. But here's a friendly clip to help you out. Rad.)
With the news that FB is getting set to launch its baby into the public sphere--and, by "its baby," I mean, of course, our entire personal lives and thoughts as shared on FB's servers--this could either present itself as an opportunity to make a thousand little, one-man HuffPos, or... kill the crack addiction that is FB that has taken over so many of our lives.
What do you think? Should I take my FB posting show on the road and try to convert this blog into something more inclusive? Or should I keep it as self-indulgent and self-(or Obama-) obsessed as it was originally intended? Is this asking questions of the ones of people out there reading this blog a stupid idea?
No comments:
Post a Comment