03 July 2009

Sinus as Weather Girl

I think my left sinus can tell when it's going to rain.

Or, maybe it's just another sinus infection. Sorry, I know that's gross, maybe even an overshare, but my left sinus is killing me while the clouds are hostilely threatening to unload on Tokyo!

You may or may not know that last October, I had to have sinus surgery to remove a cyst from my left sinus. I figured out that there was a cyst by becoming the most annoyingly persistent patient ever, seeing doctor after doctor to figure out what was causing the crazy headaches that started up just about this time last year. Finally, a smarty-pants neurologist had me do a sinus MRI (this after the frickin ENT specialist at another hospital said there was nothing wrong and it was all in my head... the ephemeral part, not the physical part... stupid, arrogant doctor), and, voila, there it was, like a spider's nest had been woven in my left sinus. (I know that's a disturbing image, but I already warned you that we might be having an overshare moment... and, I'm proud to say, I can get pretty gross... Alisa can vouch for me.)

Image: I totally have pictures of my head that look this.

Anyway, this is all just to say how much I've realized that I could never live in Seattle. Rainy season is killing me and I'm becoming one of those annoying people who talks about how nice the weather is when there's even a little bit of sun peeking from around the clouds, and insists on eating lunch outside with convenience store fare balanced precariously on one knee instead of inside at a nice, raised-from-the-ground table.

Oh, and my hair is not pleased either.

1 comment:

sua dao said...

Hey,

Thanks. I enjoyed hearing your work too.

It's going to be published mid-August apparently. I will be a bit shaky until it's actually out there though.

Which publication do you work for?

Joseph

josephhincks@gmail.com