26 August 2010

One step in front of the other

It sounds/feels like something you say in AA, "one day at a time," blah blah blah. I guess that's how we get through it all anyway, right? One step in front of the other, put your pants on one leg at a time. Part of the problem these days is that I'm living for the weekends, just trying to make it Monday through Friday, one day at a time, and then all of a sudden it's Monday again. Whatever the next step, next chapter is, it's gonna be motherf$^#%#&$*$g exciting, because this day in, day out drone life is not what humans were put on this Earth to do.

To that, I say, DJ, blow my speakers up 'cause tonight I'm gonna fight still I see the sunlight. (Okay, this may be the most obnoxious and weird song ever if you actually listen to the words and how she pronounces them--major valley girl alert--but it's got the energy I need to make it through the final hours of drone time this week.)

No comments: