Below are the dance videos that I put on my link list. They're all from youtube. The ballet videos are first, bien sur, and then the hip hop/jazz/modern stuff.
Some of them are ballet, some of them are other types of dance, I consider all of them either really beautiful or really fun or both. So the moral of the story? DANCE!!
Her feet and arches are amazing. I don't understand how her feet don't just pop in two. It takes a while for the music and dancing to start, but it's worth the wait.
I love how she incorporates the fan into the dance and uses it to make sounds. Plus, she's just a beautiful dancer.
Pay close attention right at the beginning - the guy is flying! Look how high he gets in his jumps!
This is my favorite part of the movie "Center Stage." This dance was choreographed by Susan Stroman, who directed and choreographed "The Producers." I love how she incorporates classical techniques into contemporary pop music. This is unexpected and unusual in ballet, but I really love when it happens.
The final 4 dance Wade Robson's choreography to "Sexy Back." One of the most exciting dances from Season 2 of "So You Think You Can Dance"!
Destini and Jamile's AWESOME hip hop from Season 1 of "So You Think..." I was at the studio for this taping and the energy was amazing! The audience was going CRAZY! Even better than what you could see on TV.
The judges comments after this Mia Michael's dance were right on. When I saw this episode, I was really blown away by the choreography and concept and how Heidi and Travis danced it. Really beautiful. Also from Season 2 of "So You Think..."
The best part of this dance is around the middle when the music suddenly changes and they both hit the movement at just the right time and with just the right energy. It's unexpected, that makes it touching and great. Also from Season 2 of "So You Think..."
I tried to find some Tahitian to include on this list, but I couldn't find a good video from YouTube. I'll keep looking and will post when I find one.
No comments:
Post a Comment