I'm alive, for any one who was wondering. ;)
So far I've been busy just getting set up in my new apartment and my new life in Japan. I have no idea how other foreigners handle getting set up here. I definitely would not be this far along in getting established if it were not for my dad and my aunt. There is not very much support here for non-Japanese speaking/reading people here as far as documents and signing up for services and getting apartments, etc. In any case, I think I'm going to be learning Japanese super fast if not for desire then out of necessity. I'll have pictures of my new place and my neighborhood soon. I'm going on the requisite Ikea shopping trip tomorrow, so hopefully I'll soon have chairs to sit in and glasses to drink out of.
On the job front, I've started brainstroming, but I haven't actually figured out anything solid yet. On the dance front, apparently there's a ballet studio in my little neighborhood. I'm going to check it out on Friday - hopefully I'll be back dancing soon. I went to visit my grandmother's senior citizens day center the other day and saw an 80 year old woman there with perfect posture there. Then I noticed her doing exercises at the hand rails along the wall. My dad asked her whether she did ballet when she was younger and she said yes! She still practices at home! So, goes to show, even if you're in it just for fun, ballet has great long-term benefits!
So far I've been busy just getting set up in my new apartment and my new life in Japan. I have no idea how other foreigners handle getting set up here. I definitely would not be this far along in getting established if it were not for my dad and my aunt. There is not very much support here for non-Japanese speaking/reading people here as far as documents and signing up for services and getting apartments, etc. In any case, I think I'm going to be learning Japanese super fast if not for desire then out of necessity. I'll have pictures of my new place and my neighborhood soon. I'm going on the requisite Ikea shopping trip tomorrow, so hopefully I'll soon have chairs to sit in and glasses to drink out of.
On the job front, I've started brainstroming, but I haven't actually figured out anything solid yet. On the dance front, apparently there's a ballet studio in my little neighborhood. I'm going to check it out on Friday - hopefully I'll be back dancing soon. I went to visit my grandmother's senior citizens day center the other day and saw an 80 year old woman there with perfect posture there. Then I noticed her doing exercises at the hand rails along the wall. My dad asked her whether she did ballet when she was younger and she said yes! She still practices at home! So, goes to show, even if you're in it just for fun, ballet has great long-term benefits!
No comments:
Post a Comment