
The picture shows the ROWS and ROWS of eggplant vines growing in the backyard of this house. Yes, ROWS of eggplants - a.k.a. Eggplant Heaven. For those of you not in the know, eggplant is my hands down, no question, without a doubt, favorite food. Yes, if you didn't believe in Fate or the Easter Bunny before this, then I don't know what would convince you.
By the way, this backyard is not at all typical of a Japanese house or land lot. These people are super-rich and own a bunch of land/real estate in the area. I'll take a picture of a much more typical set up and post it soon.
Yesterday's trek to Ikea was a somewhat productive, definitely interesting, tiring experience/trip that I won't be making again any time soon. Today, I bought my new bed at a Japanese store called Shimachu and it was a much more pleasant, easy purchase than anything I've ever had at Ikea.
1 comment:
Geez, you lucked out little miss Miki. I hope you have some fun there.
A surefire way to learn Japanese fast is to become homeless. . . and naturally assimilate. I, however dont recommend it though.
I wish I had heritage to visit but alas I cant afford to go to Ireland yet and going to Oklahoma isn't my idea of "finding" my heritage.
Damn you trail of tears!
Post a Comment