10 January 2007

I have futureness.

Yes, this is actually related to my time in Tokyo and Japan in general. As much as I'm sure you loved the French pop music and Charlie Brown homage, you're probably ready to get back to Tokyo reality. And, boy, oh, boy, this one is a doozy.














Prepare to enter another dimension.

A dimension that is beyond what humanity has been able to explore or grasp... until now. A concept so complicated yet with a solution so simple, it's never before been realized. This has all changed, however, because, I, Miki, Me, Moi, have discovered this phenomenon and am finally ready to bring this discovery to the world:

I live in the future.

Because it is such a momentous concept and statement, allow me to repeat myself:


I live in the future.




Okay, granted, it's only 17 hours in the future (16 during non-Daylight Savings months), but it is the future, no less.

"How did you discover this," you ask?

I came to this conclusion entirely on my own, with no help from anyone else (in fact, the realization was my own, though the circumstance that prompted the realization did include another person who shall remain nameless not for privacy's sake, but for the sake of irritating the hell out of her).

During a very heated email "discussion" about who came up with the phrase "math college" (it was sooo me!! And, you can't debate "science college" with me, because that was all me, Vowels!!), it became clear that because I had determined myself the winner first in the email debate AND because I not only said it first, but in fact said it 17 hours ahead of that same time in California, I was in the future and therefore I said it first. The other party in this discussion (still nameless, for irritation's sake) insisted that because she's in the past, she said it first. Whatever.

You may have your own opinions about whether or not I said it first or she said it first, but the conclusion of said debate is a "moo point" ("moo point" is a "Friends" reference, I'm not an idiot... usually). The point that is paramount here is that I live in the future. The frickin' future, people!

How far in the future I live depends on where YOU are. I cannot help you with betting results a la "Back to the Future II," sadly, but I can tell you what things are like in Tokyo today so that when it gets to your tomorrow, you know how things were in Tokyo the day before which is currently your present.

Chew on that one for a while.

p.s. I'm totally turning the title of this post into an Engrish t-shirt, so don't even think of using it!