I don't know if you've made your mind up yet or not, but whatever you decide, remember to vote on Tuesday. Of course, as the video below tells you, I've already made my choice. I'm voting for change because I DO have hope for a future that does not have a fallen America at its center. I've said it before, but it bears repeating. The choice I make, that you make, as an American, in this coming election is not one that affects only our 50 states. This is a global choice and we have a huge responsibility in the vote we each cast in this primary season (not to mention in the general election). We are responsible to ourselves, our families, our neighbors, our friends - and, given the nature of society today, not all of these people live in the States and, certainly, not all of them are American. We are responsible to the people living in places we've never heard of or ever thought of going to, and to the people who never cross our minds, but are still there, regardless, everyday, as our fellow members of humanity. Without remembering and recognizing the weight of that responsibility in addition to the privilege of that right to choose our president, how can we make the best choice?
So, on Tuesday, as you put pen to paper or finger to voting machine button, remember that choice is bigger and more important than any one of us or even the 300 million of us. We all matter, we all deserve a chance... we all deserve change.
p.s. Thanks to Lauren for sharing this video with me. :)
No comments:
Post a Comment