First, I got a cold a couple weeks ago. It was no biggie and I didn't feel physically too bad so I didn't rest very much. I did end up losing my voice completely for a couple days, so that was fun having to communicate everything by writing in a notebook (e.g. "Sorry, I've lost my voice. I'll have the noodle pancake and a cup of hot water with lemon and honey. Thanks."). Then, just when I was getting back into dance club and karaoke condition, it hit. The FLU! Last week, I didn't leave my house from Tuesday evening (when I went to bed with a very slight sore throat and a bit of a nagging cough that I thought was left over from some too enthusiastic singing in a bar the night before) until Saturday afternoon, when I finally ventured out to my local Denny's for some grub with my dad.
Emails went unanswered. Books went unwritten. Papers went unedited. But, I was not all unproductivity - I did get caught up on Cashmere Mafia, Lipstick Jungle, Project Runway, Make Me A Supermodel, Boston Legal, Medium, Law and Order, and I watched all 14 episodes of the British series Spaced (which, p.s., is hilarious). The main barrier to doing any actual work was my inability to actually sit upright without feeling like either my head was going to detach itself from my neck and roll backwards onto the ground or that my sinuses would explode, thus sullying my computer screen and keyboard and essentially making work impossible in any case.
Anyway, there's still an excess mucus situation, but things are looking up: I can sit up all by myself now and I went to Japanese class last night. I'm actually doing okay, but I have put the official pause on partying until Friday (my friend's leaving Japan party).
Watch this space - it will soon be mucus-free! Hurrah!
No comments:
Post a Comment