Okay, I know that's a bit of an exaggeration (especially because I was happy to be doing the work I was doing), but after working until 7:30am Sunday morning and clocking out at 2:30am today, I'm ready for a little break. Plus, I have "So You Think You Can Dance" shows to catch up on.
In celebration of the end of my two weeks of editorial servitude, this week I plan to:
- Sing a lot of karaoke.
- Dance - either in a club or in my apartment, but it must be done.
- Read my new Marie Claire magazine (Angelina J is on the cover!).
- Look through my pictures for things to submit to Global Themes, a photoblog I've been sending some stuff to.
- Go to a job interview.
- Study Japanese (oh, yeah, that).
- Read a book (anything not having to do with the economies of southeast and/or central Asia will do).
- Watch a movie (I've got a Christian Bale one that I've been saving for rainy day).
- Play tour guide to 3 friends of friends who are visiting Tokyo.
- Drink a couple of Shandies.
WARNING: Turn the volume low, but not mute, on this.
I think my soulmates must have written this one especially for me. Don't you think? ;)
My fave line is "You're so beautiful, you coulda been an air hostess in the 60s." This line is appropriate for me not just because I live in a country where that is still thought of as a good job for a girl to have because it makes her good marriage material (you know, service training), but also because I happen to live 5 minutes walking distance from the ANA Training Center where they train those girls... those girls who FLOOD the tiny station here every morning and evening, perfectly powdered in their matching suits and shoes and French twist hairdos.
Yeah, I sing along to this song too.
2 comments:
so THAT'S why they want to be flight attendants...!!!
yep! no surprise, huh? do girls in your classes say they want to be flight attendants a lot? did you listen to the song?
Post a Comment