26 July 2007

If you like paying very low prices for health insurance, you might be a Socialist.

This is why universal health care/national health insurance is AWESOME!

1) Last week I paid for my whole next year's health insurance, the total amount was based on what I earned last year (0 yen). Total: Approximately $300.00. 300 dollars!!! That's it!!

2) I just got back from the doctor. Since this was not my first visit (at which time I paid about 30 bucks), today I paid about $3. THREE US DOLLARS!! My doc is no hack, either. He's the approved doc for the UN here in Tokyo, speaks English like a native, and referred me to a dentist who's office is like a spaceship spa (that's the best way to describe it, oh, and he's also awesome!).

2 comments:

jen said...

it's the 2nd year that will bite you in the butt for insurance. i just paid 2.5man in insurance--for the MONTH.

Miki said...

well, maybe not so much since i'll be officially poor this year too. yay for being poor!