Why I never wanted to come back to Japan during the summer holidays after we moved back to the States:
MOSQUITOES!!!!
Apparently, for mosquitoes, my blood is considered Grade A Prime choice. I have made the mistake of leaving my apartment with my lower legs bared - heaven forbid! - 2 times in the last few days. I now have - Count them! - SIX bug bites, just on those exposed areas, not to mention the really annoyingly located one in my armpit (I have no idea how that one happened). I keep forgetting to put on my Professional Grade, 80% DEET "Bushman's" brand insect repellent that I bought for battling the feeding hordes of Tasmania. (Yes, there's a cancer risk, but that only hurts on the inside. We're talking serious itching here, people!) I don't remember getting a single bite that entire trip. Now, a couple days in perfectly developed, non-rural, non-bush Tokyo, and my legs are well on their way to developing that oh-so-trendy summer "I like to have people put cigars out on my legs" look so "in" during my Japanese kindergarten years.
I think I'd trade this burnish-ridden, moist skin of Tokyo any time for the dry, ashy skin of California. Anyway, it looks like I've got the Pox, so who cares if my skin is moist!
Okay, rant over. Back to work - and by "work," I mean "scratching."
1 comment:
you went to kindergarten here? how's your japanese?
Post a Comment